Monday 28 March 2011

This poem always brings a lump

to my throat for some reason .

 Guardian Angel











I had another dream last night
and you were there that star so bright.
The star you gave to me that night
upon our midnight walk....

In my dream you said to me,
look beyond,for what you see
is mere trivialities
you'll find a way to work it out.

Keep the star close to your heart
let me guide you through,
I will be your guardian angel
till I can be with you.

It won't be easy as you know
many years will pass away
and when our time is finally here
your face old, hair, silver grey...

Will you still love the star so bright
that shines forever more,
when age your youth has stolen,
will it be I you still adore...?

I don't know why you ask me this
my answer remains the same,
the star I keep close to my heart
the one that bears your name
is the one I carry all my days
in hope that we can be
together in our dreams for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment