Monday 21 March 2011

Why Poetry? It was cheaper than booze and less dangerous ......

I began to write poetry seriously about 2 years ago. I was going through a deep depression and poetry seemed to help. Though I didn't know it at the time it was a life line. OK some of my poems were rubbish but here are a few of my best attempts. Though you may not agree with me of course! Forbidden Love was my first effort and one I am rather proud of. It tells of how easy it is to fall for the right words and the devastation of being in the wrong situation at the wrong time.















Forbidden Love

He knocks down your defences one by one.
Brick by brick you become exposed.

You soften to his sweet words
You breath them in as if your life depends upon it.

He now has your heart, your soul, your emotions.
Openly you give yourself, your feelings your thoughts,
your happiness, your sadness.He has the greatest gift of all.
Your Trust .....Your Love.  

Like putty in his hands he moulds you to his needs.
Then becomes scared at what he's created.
He now knows that you need him, want him, love him
but he can't complete the game.

It's over...he says, I am sorry...he says
I will never forget you not ever...he says.

While you sob uncontrollably.
Like a lost child you're abandoned and alone.
Your heart on the floor in millions of pieces
you grieve for what seems eternity.

Out of that hurting heart comes a burning fire
where no man dares to enter.
Never will she be so giving, to no man again will she give her heart.
For deep down she keeps it for the one who broke it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment