Tuesday 22 March 2011

Having wrote 95 poems I am still amazed that I wrote them.
You will be pleased to know not that not all of them are gloom and doom.
Maybe some of you remember an Eastender episode where one of the
characters Gary was referred to as a Tin of Magnolia Paint which inspired this poem.....

















Magnolia
If my husband were a Tin of Paint, 'Magnolia' he would be.
easy on the eye but missing harmony.
He needs a splash of colour to brighten up his days
I suggest subtle 'Cappuccino' Or bright 'Californian Rays'

He is a no frills man you see,
he doesnt want the Harmony.
He wants his life as safe can be
'No risk taking! ' he says, 'it's not for me!

A beer after work,
is all that I require,
no ideas above my station,
maybe a little bit of colour?

Maybe for a change I'll try
a  'Hint of white' or 'Apple pie'
But why bother putting colour to the test,
'Magnolia' is what I like the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment